Financial Aid



Financial Aid Toolkit

Financial Aid Eligibility Requirements

Our basic eligibility requirements are that you must:

  • demonstrate financial need for need-based federal student aid programs;
  • be a U.S. citizen or an eligible noncitizen;
  • have a valid Social Security number (with the exception of students from the Republic of the Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, or the Republic of Palau);
  • be enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a regular student in an eligible degree or certificate program;
  • maintain satisfactory academic progress in college or career school;
  • maintain satisfactory academic progress according to WVSOM's published standards.
  • provide consent and approval to have your federal tax information transferred directly into your 2024–25 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®) form, if you’re applying for aid for July 1, of the current year applying, to June 30, of the following year;
  • sign the certification statement on the FAFSA form stating that you’re not in default on a federal student loan, you do not owe money on a federal student grant, and you’ll only use federal student aid for educational purposes
  • show you’re qualified to obtain a college or career school education.

Free scholarship searches are available at FastWEB and Sallie Mae

Financial Aid Code of Conduct

This code of conduct applies to all WVSOM divisions and to all Board of Governors' members, employees, officers and agents of the school, including without limitation individuals who are employed in the financial aid office or who otherwise have responsibilities with respect to education loans.

View the Financial Aid Code of Conduct