© Copyright 2013 the West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine | 400 North Lee Street, Lewisburg WV 24901 | 800-356-7836 | Login
The Road to WVSOM
The students at the WVSOM come to Lewisburg with backgrounds as broad as the West Virginia mountains. What they find is a place where tech meets hometown. It's a personal touch combined with cutting-edge technology that makes the West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine the perfect place for future physicians to expand their minds while learning a personal, holistic approach to medicine.
COM Week features "spirit" aspect of osteopathic medicine
This year's Celebrate Osteopathic Medicine (COM) Week focused on the osteopathic principle "The body is a unit; the person is a unit of body, mind and spirit".
PAX festival raises record funds for medical supplies
The PAX Club hosts an international festival that offers the WVSOM community insight into cultural differences represented by the student population.
Tierney receives Distinguished Alumni Award
During WVSOM's 31st annual Mid-Winter Osteopathic Seminar it was announced that James P. Tierney, D.O., Class of 1980, is WVSOM's Distinguished Alumnus for 2014.
Helicopter crash survivors, rescuers share memories
Survivors, rescuers and health care providers gave WVSOM students and the Lewisburg community a first-hand account of a Navy helicopter crash and rescue.
New on WVSOM.edu
- WVSOM Named one of the Nation's Top Medical Schools
- Steele becomes first registered U.S. osteopathic physician in South Africa
- CEC Receives Accreditation
- Roland Paul Sharp, D.O. - Tribute to a great man
- WVSOM Alumni Association sponsors Clock Tower
- March 8, 2014 – Rural Practice Day
- April 26, 2014 - Spring Open House
- May 31, 2014 - WVSOM Graduation
- June 11-14, 2014 - Summer Seminar